[LLVMdev] YA Vectorization Benchmark

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Mon Nov 5 09:41:16 PST 2012

Renato,

Thanks for the link. At the moment we are unable to vectorize any of the loops in this benchmark. I found two main problems:

1. We do not allow reductions on floating point types.  We should allow them when unsafe-math is used.
2. All of the arrays are located in a struct. At the moment we don't detect that these arrays are disjoin, and this prevents vectorization.

We should be able to vectorize many loops in this benchmark with relatively minor changes.

Thanks,
Nadav