[LLVMdev] Adding comments to generated IR

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Thu Nov 1 11:26:35 PDT 2012

On 01/11/12 18:25, Duncan Sands wrote:
>> I've got some static data being output, but now I'm unsure on how I
>> should structure the actual strings I wish to write. For example, on the
>> emitFunctionAnnot I get a Function object, but I don't see any API which
>> we set/get user or meta data for a function.
>
> what is it you want to lookup?  I mean, what is the information that you
> plan to annotate the IR with?

I want to be able to print a piece of the source code which is
associated with the following lines of IR (when printed). This is
strictly so I can better debug my code generation -- I don't need actual
debug information. For example, if a function is defined in the source
code I'd like the printed IR function to be preceeded with the line
which defined it. I don't need this information to become debug
information, just printed along with the dumped assembly.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.