[LLVMdev] Adding comments to generated IR

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Thu Nov 1 02:19:58 PDT 2012

On 01/11/12 09:16, Duncan Sands wrote:
>> I see the ability to add meta/debug data. Could that somehow be used to
>> get comments into the generated IR? Or is there some other mechanism?
>
> check out AssemblyAnnotationWriter.h

Hmm, this might work, but I can't get it to compile. Since I use RTTI
and LLVM does not, deriving from this class now causes GCC to look for
typeinfo and it doesn't find it. Until I find a solution there I can't
actually experiment with the annotation writer.

Perhaps this RTTI/typeinfo thing a common problem that you, or somebody,
already knows how to solve?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.