[LLVMdev] Minor typo in source file ObjectFile.h

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Thu May 31 00:08:19 PDT 2012

Yes, you're absolutely right.

But the "problem" is that in Danish, my native language, zero is spelled
and pronounced "nul".  So when I saw "0ULL", I immediately jumped up the
chair, forgetting my brain somewhere, and thought: "Wow, there's somebody
who meant to write NULL."  I thought the 0ULL was a misspelling of NULL.
(~NULL is not such a fortunate construct.)

I am deeply ashamed of myself for reporting this bogus error and I plan to
be much more cautious in the future.

Cheers,
Mikael

2012/5/31 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com>

> > From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Mikael Lyngvig
> > Subject: [LLVMdev] Minor typo in source file ObjectFile.h
>
> > const uint64_t UnknownAddressOrSize = ~0ULL
>
> > This found at line 260 in ObjectFile.h.  Notice the 0ULL thingy.
>
> What do you find troubling about it?  It's simply a way to set all bits in
> an unsigned variable.
>
>  - Chuck

> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
> its attachments from all computers.

-- Love Thy Frog!