[LLVMdev] Make install drops 64-bit LLVM in Windows x86 program folder

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Mon May 28 09:19:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just did a "make install" on Win7x64 using Mingw64 and it dropped off the
files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LLVM".  That's almost right, but nicer
would be if the 64-bit build was dropped off in "C:\Program Files\LLVM".

I am fairly confident that it is me who is doing something wrong because I
simply do this:

   (retrieve trunk version of LLVM, Clang, etc.)
   (ask CMake to create Makefiles in other directory)
   make install

So, the way I see it, the build system has no real way of knowing that it
is doing a 64-bit build.  It probably assumes it is doing a 32-bit build
because I have not explicitly told it that we're talking a 64-bit build.

Ahh, the docs revealed that I could use --prefix.  But I guess this should
be determined automatically somehow?  Or am I guessing wrong.  The install
location is as follows:

   Win32:
         Mingw32:
                 %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\LLVM
         Mingw64:
                 N/A
   Win64:
         Mingw32:
                 %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\LLVM
         Mingw64:
                  %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\LLVM

Or, that's how I perceive the optimal way to be.

Cheers,
Mikael
-- Love Thy Frog!