[LLVMdev] About Address San...

Umesh Kalappa umesh.kalappa0 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:57:30 PDT 2012

Hi All ,

I'm not sure the question is relevant to the forum,My apologies if not

We are trying to instrument  our code with ASan(Clang) to find the memory
errors and we see that the application execution halts  when the Asan check
finds the memory issue at the being. Which mean we need to fix the issue
then compile and  execute the instrumented code again to find the next
issue and so on .Which is fine.

We would  like to know that there is any option to clang or llvm ,Where we
can say to Asan to log  output to the file and continue to execute the
instrumented application instead of halting the same.Like Valgrind memcheck
has.So we can whole or almost issues  in the log .

For you reference
I'm using the clang version as

[root at localhost ~]# clang --version
clang version 3.2 (trunk)
Target: i386-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

On OS

Centos -6
[root at localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:15:40
GMT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks
~Umesh