[LLVMdev] data dependency and fully loop unrolling

Cheng Liu st.liucheng at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:32:03 PDT 2012

Hal,

Thanks for our quick reply. I am expecting the data dependency after
fully loop unrolling.
Actually I am trying to build the data dependency graph, I mean the data
dependency between operands.
When there is no load and store in a basic block, I can simply compare
the operands and build the data flow graph.
However, when there are both load and stores in a unrolled loop block,
it is not easy to compare without knowing the address.
For example,
load a[i]
b[i]=a[i]+1;
store b[i]
c[i]=b[i]+2;
After fully loop unrolling, 'i' is a determined number. And the data
dependency is
a[1]->b[1]->c[1]
a[2]->b[2]->c[2]
It seems pretty straightforward, but we can not draw the dependency
without knowing the array index.

I have looked into the links that you have suggested, it seems quite
related but I am not sure yet.
I will spend more time on it.

Best regards,

--