[LLVMdev] Profiling Framework in Next Version of LLVM(3.2 maybe?)

#ALOK PRAKASH# ALOK0001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Tue May 22 08:25:58 PDT 2012

Hello All,

I think many of us had trouble with the profiling framework in LLVM,  which seems to totally broken lately. I was thinking of fixing this in the next version.

To start with, I will just fix the command line options in profile.pl script and llvmprof commands. But, I am not sure how to incorporate this with the rest of the compiler so that everyone take advantage and make further changes in the next version of the toolchain.

Any pointers in this direction is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alok