[LLVMdev] Adding a New Instruction to LLVM IR

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya arnamoy at ualberta.ca
Fri May 18 10:52:01 PDT 2012

Hello;

I was planning to add a new instruction to the LLVM IR (and later to MIPS
backend) for TLS(Thread level speculation) support.  For this I tried to
follow the steps described in http://llvm.org/docs/ExtendingLLVM dot
html#instruction.

But I could not find any llvm/lib/AsmParser/Lexer.l
and llvm/lib/AsmParser/llvmAsmParser.y file in both the svn repository and
the source code downloaded from the website.  Could you tell me what are
the files that need to be modified to add a new token to parse my
instruction from assembly text file (STEP 4) and add the grammar on how my
instruction can be read and what it will construct as a result (STEP 5).

Thanks;

--
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya
Athabasca Hall 143