[LLVMdev] ATTN: PTX Back-End Users - EOL

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:11:44 PDT 2012

Now that the NVPTX back-end has been integrated into ToT and already
surpasses the PTX back-end in terms of functionality, I plan to remove the
PTX back-end from the LLVM tree soon.  The only change that users will need
to be aware of are the address space mapping (please see
lib/Target/NVPTX/NVPTX.h for the new mappings).  The old intrinsics will
remain valid for the new NVPTX back-end.

What I would like to know is if anyone is against removing this back-end.
 The sources will still be available in LLVM history, including the LLVM
3.1 release, but going forward I plan to only maintain the NVPTX sources.

If I do not hear any objections by the end of the week, I will probably
remove it this week-end.

--

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski