[LLVMdev] MCJIT

Ashok Nalkund ashoknn at qualcomm.com
Mon May 14 13:59:33 PDT 2012

On 5/14/2012 12:25 PM, Jim Grosbach wrote:
>> Thanks for correcting me. Any hints on the external symbol resolution:
>>> LLVM ERROR: Could not resolve external global address: _ZNSt3__14coutE
>> which seems to be cout from the std lib.
>
> That's interesting. I would have expected a second leading underscore on that symbol. Perhaps not on your target? I suggest checking to see where that symbol (with or without the second '_') is defined and finding out which is expected. That'll give more information about whether this is failing because the symbol lookup isn't looking in the right places or because it's looking for the wrong thing.
>
> -Jim

Now I'm in a tricky situation. I recompiled LLVM/clang with
--enable-libffi trying to find out how to resolve the external symbols.
Now compiling with clang gives the following error:
> ashoknn at neo-wk06:/local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto$clang -emit-llvm testnoinline.c
> /usr/bin/ld: /local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto/llvmsvn/build/bin/bin/../lib/LLVMgold.so: error loading plugin
> /usr/bin/ld: /local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto/llvmsvn/build/bin/bin/../lib/LLVMgold.so: error in plugin cleanup (ignored)
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> ashoknn at neo-wk06:/local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto$

So I checked out a fresh copy of trunk, recompiled with:
> ../llvm/configure --enable-targets=host-only --prefix=/local/mnt/workspace/ashoknn/crd/neo/llvm/proto/llvmtip/build/bin

Notice I didnt specify libffi above, compilation still fails with the
same error above. Any clue on how to get past this? I'm not worried
about enabling LTO for now.

thanks,
ashok