[LLVMdev] Adapting Kalaidoscope tutorial for use with LLVM.NET/LLVM-F#?

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Sun May 13 12:45:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have decided against coding my planned Braceless compiler in C++ and have
instead opted for using the .NET bindings that Keith Shephard have made
using F# (a .NET language).  This leads to two questions:

   1. Is it okay if I adapt the Kalaidoscope tutorial to C# and we include
the adapted version in the LLVM.NET distro and on the LLVM.NET website?  I
have written very clearly that Chris Lattner wrote the article and that I
am to be contacted in case of errors (as they are surely mine), but I'd
like your formal approval of the idea.  Basically, I am going to redo the
sample code in C# and then achieve the same goal that Chris achieves: To
illustrate how easy LLVM is to use.  As for the actual article text, I am
planning on using Chris' words as unmodfied as I can do (all occurences of
C++ being replaced by C# and so forth).

   2. LLVM.NET/LLVM-F# uses the C API.  Are there anything important
missing from this API, things that are only accessible through the C API?

Cheers,
Mikael