[LLVMdev] llvm-config Question

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Sat May 12 11:05:51 PDT 2012

On 05/12/2012 04:22 AM, Keno Fischer wrote:
> in order to get ready for the upcoming LLVM 3.1 release, I checked out
> the 3.1 Release branch. However, unlike with LLVM 3.0, `llvm-config
> --libfiles` now also reports files that belong to targets that I did not
> build (and that are thus not available). Is this expected?

I can confirm this. I always build LLVM with configure
--enable-targets=host-only. With LLVM 3.0, llvm-config --libfiles only
reports the /usr/local/lib/libLLVMX86CodeGen.a backend, as expected,
whereas with LLVM 3.1rc3 I also get /usr/local/lib/libLLVMMipsCodeGen.a,
/usr/local/lib/libLLVMXCoreCodeGen.a,
/usr/local/lib/libLLVMMSP430CodeGen.a and a bunch of other backends
which aren't installed.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag