[LLVMdev] JIT support for inline asm on Linux

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Wed May 9 02:01:50 PDT 2012

  You can see the error message comes from lib/CodeGen/AsmPrinter/AsmPrinterInlineAsm.cpp.

---
  OwningPtr<MCTargetAsmParser>
    TAP(TM.getTarget().createMCAsmParser(*STI, *Parser));
  if (!TAP)
    report_fatal_error("Inline asm not supported by this streamer because"
                       " we don't have an asm parser for this target\n");
---

  X86 has implemented X86AsmParser as MCTargetAsmParser's sub-class
(lib/Target/X86/AsmParser/X86AsmParser.cpp). Perhaps you just need
to let createMCAsmParser function return X86AsmParser.

HTH,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,