[LLVMdev] Address space information dropped

Ivan Llopard ivanllopard at gmail.com
Mon May 7 05:15:16 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Tuning my TargetAsmPrinter implementation in the back-end side, I
discovered that the address space number is not passed down while
emitting global variables with constant initializers. The information is
dropped at AsmPrinter::EmitGlobalConstant() function call which defaults
it to zero.

I would like to emit target-dependent asm directives depending on the
address space of constant initializers. Is there another method to
implement this feature ?
The main reason is that we have 2 distinct memories and we are currently
using address_space attribute from clang to initialize them.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan