[LLVMdev] Metadata for Argument, BasicBlock

Ralf Karrenberg Chareos at gmx.de
Sun May 6 04:31:19 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,

Is there a clean way to attach metadata nodes to Arguments and/or
BasicBlocks?
It looks to me like one can directly attach metadata only to instructions.
My current workaround is to insert a call to a dummy function that holds
metadata for its parent block - pretty ugly, but manageable. The same
problem arises when I want to store specific information about the
arguments of a function.

Does anybody have a suggestion how I could do this more elegantly?

Thanks,
Ralf