[LLVMdev] DFAPacketizer: Determining an instruction's functional unit after packetization.

Evandro Menezes emenezes at codeaurora.org
Fri Mar 30 15:46:39 PDT 2012

Tom,

We have a patch that we have upstreamed yet that reorders the MIs in a
bundle when they are being lowered into the MC layer.

We did this by using some bits in TSFlags to specify the insn type.
With the insn type in hand, we could then, along with the scheduling
class of the insn, determine not only the order, but also validate the
packet formation restrictions, which is needed when assembling an
assembler source.

HTH

Evandro Menezes          Austin, TX          emenezes at codeaurora.org
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of the Code Aurora Forum