[LLVMdev] Error Linking Math Library

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya arnamoy at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 29 11:24:02 PDT 2012

Hello;

I was trying to create an executable from the "hmmer" benchmark source code
files after applying some optimization.  I am running the following script
-

#!/bin/bash
while read line; do
clang -S -emit-llvm  -DNDEBUG -DSPEC_CPU -o $line'.o' $line'.c'
done < files.txt
while read line; do
 opt -block-placement $line'.o' -o $line'.o'
done < files.txt

#export LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH=/usr/lib
llvm-link *.o -o out.o.linked
llc out.o.linked
gcc out.o.linked.s -o hmmer

**files.txt contains the name of the source files of the hmmer benchmark.

But "llc" gives me the following error -

/tmp/ccVq4r6d.o: In function `PostprocessSignificantHit':
out.o.linked:(.text+0xc1f6): undefined reference to `log'
/tmp/ccVq4r6d.o: In function `ParsePAMFile':
out.o.linked:(.text+0xc556): undefined reference to `log'

I tried setting the LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH to find libm.a /libm.so, tried to
use the -L option of llvm-ld, but same error.  Also I tried to give "-L"
option to llvm-link but it says "no such option"!!  Anyone to help on this?

Thank you;

--
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya
Athabasca Hall 143