[LLVMdev] GSOC 2012 Proposal Idea - Flexible and Efficient Realizations of Logic Based Languages.

Dan DaCosta dacosta at cs.umn.edu
Sun Mar 25 13:18:23 PDT 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Daniel DaCosta.
I am a first year PhD Student at the University of Minnesota.
I am working with the Programming Languages group at UMN.
I am interested in type theory and logic based languages, including both
practical and theoretical applications.

I am inquiring about a proposal that would involve either toolchain
extensions or proof of concept implementation of logic based languages.
Specifically, Twelf(based on the Edinburgh Logical Framework) or Lambda
Prolog.
I wonder if such a proposal seems relevant, interesting, and executable
within the GSOC program.
If so, I am interested in thoughts on how to make such a proposal
consistent with other LLVM endeavors, and proper scoping.
If not, I appreciate your time in evaluating my idea.

Thanks!
Dan DaCosta