[LLVMdev] GSOC2012 idea: Python bindings for LLVM

Christoph Grenz christophg+llvm at grenz-bonn.de
Fri Mar 23 05:43:01 PDT 2012

Am Freitag, 23. März 2012, 19:44:19 schrieb Baozeng:
> Hello all,
> I notice in previous gsocs of LLVM , there is no projects about language
> bindings for LLVM. Does that mean it has lower priority than other
> projects? Current python bindings for LLVM in the trunk are far from
> complemte. So I would like to improve python bindings for LLVM this summer
> if possible. My work will be based on llvm-py project (
> http://code.google.com/p/llvm-py/). I obtained consent from Mahadevan, the
> author of llvm-py, and he would like to be my mentor, if my proposa is
> accepted.  If this idea is feasible, I would write a proposal  next step.
> Thanks.*

Please look at the thread "Python bindings in tree" starting on 2012-03-16.
There are at least four Python binding projects currently running. (None of
them in GSoC)

I think it's a great idea to improve llvm-py, but I'd also suggest to first
look at the other bindig projects.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2012-March/thread.html

Best regards,
Christoph Grenz