[LLVMdev] SPEC CPU2006 bitcode files

Andreas Donig adonig at gmx.de
Thu Mar 22 21:04:34 PDT 2012

Hi chenwj,

first let me thank you for your quick answer.

>  From your cmdline, I don't see any option to make clang output bitcode. If you
> want bitcode, try something like `clang -emit-llvm hello.c -c -o hello.bc`.

I added --enable-jit because I had hope this would make LNT run the JIT tests. I thought this process would cause the creation of bitcode files and then execute them using the LLVM interpreter.
I would love to simply run clang but the SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks are quite complicated to build. There already exist makefiles to build them in the LLVM test-suite and I had hope I could use the test-suite to create the bitcode files. It looks like the SPEC makefiles contain rules to build and then run the benchmarks with the interpreter but I could not figure out how to make this happen using the LNT tool. I tried to directly run the makefiles instead of using LNT but it just caused a lot of terrible errors.

Regards
Andreas