[LLVMdev] Dragonegg stack variables reorderings

Job Noorman jobnoorman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:56:12 PDT 2012

I have noticed that dragonegg sometimes allocates stack objects in a different
order than they were declared in the source file.

I experienced this behavior when compiling RIPE
(https://github.com/johnwilander/RIPE) in the function perform_attack.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce this in a minimal example.

(Note that when compiling RIPE with GCC, the order of stack variables is
preserved)

So, I have two questions about this behavior:
 1) When exactly does dragonegg reorder stack variables?
 2) Is there a way to always keep the variables in declared order?

Kind regards,
Job Noorman