[LLVMdev] llvm-config --cxxflags does not give the result the configuration script wants?

Jun-qi Deng dengjunqi06323011 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:20:13 PDT 2012

> > Recently I think I found a bug in llvm's CMakeLists.(I use llvm 3.1svn
> and
> > Clang 3.1) I follow the normal way to try to compile an application that
> > utilize both clang and llvm: I ./autogen.sh it, ./configure it and make
> it.
> > But the make fails. At last I found out the failure is because that the
> > Makefile's CXXFLAGS does not contain -fno-rtti option which is needed by
> > the compilation.
>
> Is it? In my experience, it isn't. Please show the relevant command
> generated by your makefile and the associated error message(s).
>

> RTTI is an on/off option that changes per LLVM library, so setting
> -fno-rtti for using LLVM makes no sense. VMCore and Support have -frtti
> while most of the rest have -fno-rtti. The switch is decided on
> cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake depending on the value of
> LLVM_REQUIRES_RTTI.
>

> Hello! I'm sorry, because I've already solved the build problem with the
mentioned app manually, now it's not very convenient for me to reproduce
the error for the moment. I agree that "RTTI is an on/off option". But I
think the point of the problem I mentioned here is: some applications that
depend on llvm and clang use llvm-config to configure their Makefile, while
the llvm-config cannot provide the correct information they need. And this
is what actually happened under my platform.

Regards,
TangKK