[LLVMdev] How to keep FunctionPass analysis result alive in Module Pass?

Tobias von Koch tobias.von.koch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:03:44 PDT 2012

Hi John,

glad the explanation made sense :)

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 16:41, John Criswell <criswell at illinois.edu> wrote:
[...]

> Can't you just copy the analysis results out of LoopInfo as Fan
> suggested?  I would think that if you can query it, you can copy it.

Well, LoopInfoBase has a private copy constructor (for good reasons) so you
can't just copy the entire thing out. The same goes for the Loop class. At
the end of the day, you just have to do the actual work already at this
point which you were going to do with the analysis results later on. That's
possible in my case (although it means I have to restructure my module pass
quite a bit), but it might not always be?

-- Tobias