[LLVMdev] Assembly Mips from bitecode llvm

Rafael Parizi parizi.computacao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:25:43 PST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to compile the benchmarks from Mibench suite with the
application of the all LLVM's tranformation passes.
Moreover, I'm trying to generate assembly code for Mips architecture for
extraction of energy and performance metrics.
For this, for example, initially I compile the sources and link them
generating a bitecode file. After, I apply each optimization using opt tool:
*opt -$i file.bc -o file.opt.bc*
where $i is each one of the LLVM's tranformation pass.

After, to generate assembly MIPS, I do:
*llc -march=mipsel file.opt.bc -o file.opt.s*
*
*
I configured the LLVM with --build=mipsel, mips and
--enable-targets=mipsel, mips

For some benchmarks from Mibench, this process worked, but for others it
doesn't worked.
For example: BITCOUNT, BLOWFISH, QSORT, DIJKSTRA, PATRICIA - (OK)
                        SUSAN and BASICMATH ( Not OK)

The output generated with BASICMATH and SUSAN CORNERS  with llc was:
llc 0x08a35738
Stack dump:
0.      Program arguments: llc -march=mipsel basicmath.strip.bc -o
basicmath.strip.s
1.      Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module 'basicmath.strip.bc'.
2.      Running pass 'MIPS DAG->DAG Pattern Instruction Selection' on
function '@SolveCubic'

How can I resolve this problem?
Am I performing the process of wrong way?

Thanks!

--
*Rafael Parizi*