[LLVMdev] Access Violation using ExecutionEngine on 64-bit Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Rotem, Nadav nadav.rotem at intel.com
Fri Mar 2 13:04:15 PST 2012

Hi Victor,

Try this fix by Marina Yatsina:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20120220/137532.html

Nadav

-----Original Message-----
From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of lost
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 22:53
To: NAKAMURA Takumi; LLVM
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Access Violation using ExecutionEngine on 64-bit Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Hi, Takumi!

I tried your patch, and it did not help. Moreover, I tried to compile under Windows 7 and copy files to Windows 8, and received the same exception. So the problem seems to be in Windows 8 itself or some non-portable code inside LLVM.

Could anyone tell me what LLVM code in ExecutionEngine is responsible for allocating and protecting memory for generated native functions?

Best regards,
Victor Milovanov.