[LLVMdev] How to use 'opt' command?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Fri Mar 2 07:49:56 PST 2012

Hi Sarath,

> How to print the analysis results using 'opt' command?
>
> I tried using the below command for  my *module.ll* file
>
> *opt -analyze -memdep module.ll *
> *
> *
> But it's printing
>
> Printing analysis 'Memory Dependence Analysis' for function 'main':
> Pass::print not implemented for pass: 'Memory Dependence Analysis'!

I guess it's not implemented for this analysis!  That makes sense because
memdep is a lazy analysis, i.e. it only does something when a user of it
asks for some specific information.  As it doesn't do any analysis
spontaneously, there is no analysis result for it to print in your context.

Ciao, Duncan.