[LLVMdev] Request for merge: GHC/ARM calling convention.

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sat Jun 30 05:18:16 PDT 2012

On 29 June 2012 22:56, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> wrote:
> You makes me worried! Let me ask, am I wrong assuming Ubuntu
> 11.04/11.10/12.04 are using EABI? That's at least what I thought all the
> time...

It's probably GNUEABI, which is (AFAIK) a variant of the EABI.

The main problem is that libraries compiled as EABI (and very likely
GNUEABI) will be expecting parameters in registers, including floating
point ones that fit, and your application will put them on the stack
and boom, R0-R3 will probably contain garbage...

But all that is guess work, I don't even know how Haskell would do to
call libraries, all I know is that I had a lot of trouble with EABI
and build attributes.

Have you tested a Haskell program with that? Maybe calling a standard
library function (if that makes sense), just to be sure it works. It's
possible that some Haskell library already work around it, so, as I
said, it may all for nothing...

--
cheers,
--renato