[LLVMdev] Why some registered passes are not available through opt?

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:32:51 PDT 2012

Sorry, then I don't understand. If I invoke backend with
target->addPassesToEmitFile, it adds both opt and llc passes. Thus,
PassManager contains both opt and llc passes after that. In case of
crash, bugpoint reloads all passes from the failing pass manager to
the separate instance of opt. If opt and llc both do not support such
mixing, then I'm guessing I need to replace "opt" with some customized
pass loader in bugpoint.

- D.