[LLVMdev] Another LLVM JIT extension to Python

Siu Kwan Lam michael.lam.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:06:35 PDT 2012

Dear LLVM,

I am a young developer who have just uploaded my first opensource
project based on LLVM. I would like to know what professionals think of
my project.

I have started a JIT extension to Python called Pymothoa (
http://code.google.com/p/pymothoa/). Unlike other similar projects, I
did not modify the interpreter. Pymothoa uses Python decorators to mark
function for JIT compiling. It uses the AST generated by Python;
thereby, it uses the same syntax of Python but works like a low-level
programming language (like C). The goal is to get speedup in
compute-intensive code without writing C-extensions.

If you are interested, there are two demo applications in the source
tree: matrix-matrix multiplication and reduce-sum. I would appreciate
any comment.

Siu Kwan Lam