[LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Evandro Menezes emenezes at codeaurora.org
Thu Jun 21 09:27:35 PDT 2012

FWIW, I felt some pain moving from autoconf to cmake.  However, once I
got familiar with controlling camke a little better and editing
CMakeLists.txt, the comfort grew and I came to appreciate its advantages
over autoconf.  CMakeLists.txt are far easier to create and to maintain
and I wouldn't really mind if autoconf would be deprecated here.  I
understand that the transition would be perhaps painful to many and at
the same time, but, except for any particular situations that cmake
doesn't cover, I think that it would be for the better.

Evandro Menezes          Austin, TX          emenezes at codeaurora.org
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of the Code Aurora Forum