[LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Jun 21 07:22:54 PDT 2012

Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> writes:

> I think cmake system lacks many features of autoconf system. In
> addition to already said thing, I think the major missing thing is
> cross-compilation support.
> You can easy cross-compile llvm/clang via standard
> --build/--host/--target flags. If you will show that this will be
> possible by cmake - then everything will be fine :)

Anton, I've posted this information several times on this list, IIRC
some of them after you claimed that cmake can't cross-compile, so I hope
this is cleared once and for all:

http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#cross

About the "many features" that cmake lacks, can you provide a list,
please? (supposing those features actually are useful for LLVM
developers. I know that the configure+make build does things missing on
the cmake build, but the later does things missing on the former too.) I
asked for that list of missing features multiple times on this list, and
nobody ever came with anything.