[LLVMdev] strange floating point problem

Neon12345 admin at typoflash.com
Wed Jun 20 13:49:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a strange problem compiling a simple function. It just allocas
two doubles on the stack, initializes them with constant values and
calls another two functions with one of them as an argument.

The problem is, that the called function recieves the same input value
regardless of the input I have set. I can expand it to more double
values and function calls and it is always the first value used in a
call that is used in all other calls too.

The IL looks fine. It is optimized so there are only the function
calls with the different constant double values as direct input. If I
change the values from double to i64 everything works fine!

Does this sound familiar to someone. Is there something going wrong
with the floating point stack. I thought that perhaps I miss something
in the compilation pass because compiling a normal program with clang
does not give me this problems.

I'm a bit confused since the IL looks fine and this only happens with
floating point values.

Cheers,
Alex