[LLVMdev] Ninja (make replacement)

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Jun 17 17:23:17 PDT 2012

Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at lyngvig.org> writes:

[snip]

> Yes, I am quite familiar with the CMake documentation, but why are you
> asking?

That's not the cmake documentation, that's the LLVM cmake documentation:
a short document that tries to explain everything you need to know about
cmake to build LLVM. I had the impression that you were duplicating a
large chunk of the info contained on that page. OTOH it's my personal
opinion that you may be explaining too much: it is not necessary to
explain, nor even mention, the different available build tools on
Windows. As LLVM and Clang are developer tools, one can suppose that the
user knows how to run a build. IMHO you only need to explain the bits
that are specific to LLVM. As cmake might not be popular enough yet, a
bit of an introduction is needed, but no more.

I haven't thoroughly read your proposed documentation, sorry if my
opinions are off-base.

[snip]