[LLVMdev] Windows development and "virus" in LLVM test suite

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Fri Jun 15 14:38:45 PDT 2012

I admit I belong to a small group of not-too-bright people who still aspire
to use LLVM.  But I kind of see that as a highly valuable feature, insofar
I convert this fact into something constructive (such as FAQ writing) :-)

I actually did recommend people to disable their antivirus solution for two
reasons - the aforementioned "virus" and the speed slowdown that they'll
experience, but then somebody (can't remember who) reacted and said it
wasn't a good idea to recommend people to disable their antivirus solution.

However, I see a nifty compromise visualising behind my eyes: Ask the user
to add the LLVM source and build directories to their virus ignore list.
 This will solve both issues.

-- Geez, sometimes I'm smarter than I am.