[LLVMdev] Windows development and "virus" in LLVM test suite

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Jun 15 14:19:34 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at lyngvig.org> wrote:

> Sounds like a great idea.  On Windows there are so many types of antivirus
> solutions, that it is impossible to provide a detailed description of how
> to add an ignored folder for all of them.

No, it's not a great idea. These are exactly the types of things virus
*already do* to get by detection systems. They will be defeated by some
extra clever anti virus software.

Look, let's not try to hack around this. Let's just admit it. There is a
virus inside of a virus scanner's test suite. That's OK.

This test suite is not required to hack on Clang or LLVM, so I think its
fine as is.

If people are seriously peeved, we could split the test suite in two, but
honestly this is the first time it has ever come up, so I suspect the cost
of dealing with this file is lower than the cost of dealing with this email
thread. ;]