[LLVMdev] Develop on trunk.

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Thu Jun 14 11:48:03 PDT 2012

Mikael, thanks for working on this. I can help review patches to some extent, but we'll need to recruit other reviewers.

I agree with Chandler's points, especially that this is a broad documentation problem, not really an FAQ problem.

I would like to see documentation clearly organized for three audiences, clang users, clang developers, and llvm developers. The early contents of this thread are related to "Developer Policies", although we're talking about guidelines/advice more than policies. This should be shared between clang and llvm developers.

I think the documentation should be minimal in the sense that it should only contain what isn't easy to decipher from source-generated documentation and should cross reference source-generated docs when needed.

I would only support formally documenting the advice in this thread because it affects the decisions that are made very early during project development and are politically hard to change later.

-Andy