[LLVMdev] non-SSA IR generation

amruth.rd at knights.ucf.edu amruth.rd at knights.ucf.edu
Wed Jun 13 18:16:51 PDT 2012

Hi Jiesheng,
I did try that. Below is the command I used to generate the bit code file using clang.
clang -emit-llvm sample.cpp -S -o sample.ll
I am not sure if I need to take out -emit-llvm option too.The resulting bit code file had instances with variables being assigned only once though it did not contain any phi nodes. My understanding is that code could be in SSA form even without having phi nodes.  I am not running any opt modules on the code.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers,Amruth