[LLVMdev] include files

Preston Briggs preston.briggs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:04:15 PDT 2012

The LLVM Coding Standards discuss include files at some length.
Suggests that the minimal list of includes be listed.
Experimenting, I find the list is much shorter that used by most passes,
perhaps only 3 or 4 files, probably because the necessary declarations
are included indirectly. For example, I might get away with
a .h file including only

#include "llvm/Analysis/AliasAnalysis.h"
#include "llvm/Analysis/LoopInfo.h"
#include "llvm/ADT/SmallBitVector.h"

and a .cpp file including only

#include "myHeader.h"
#include "llvm/Analysis/ScalarEvolutionExpressions.h"
#include "llvm/Analysis/ValueTracking.h"
#include "llvm/Support/InstIterator.h"

Is it good style to cut the list down to the bare minimum like this?

Thanks,
Preston