[LLVMdev] Final Windows MinGW buildbot slave document...

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Mon Jun 11 12:25:16 PDT 2012

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, splitting the document makes perfect sense.

I'll revise the document and redo it in Sphinx (am curious about that one).
 It is using the LLVM CSS, though.  You just need to make sure the CSS file
is in the same directory as the document - it even uses the lines.gif image
(from the img subdirectory of the current folder).

As for stable GCC, I bet that's something about cross-building GCC/Win64 on
Linux or another Unix?  I picked the Drangon release because it is
off-the-shelf and seems to work well.  But I guess I can figure out how to
build a stable GCC release eventually.

Basically, you have to disable the antivirus solution because of a single
file in the ClamAVS files that are part of LLVM test suite.  I ran into
this when I first tried to checkout the sources: the checkout was aborted
because even Microsoft Security Essentials (the worst AV solution on the
market) managed to detect a virus in one of the files.  If we could get rid
of that file, there'd be no need to disable AV.  I'll try doing a checkout
later and find the offending file and submit a bug report.  Then others can
decide what to do.