[LLVMdev] Final Windows MinGW buildbot slave document...

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Fri Jun 8 21:40:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

Here's the final, confirmed working version of my Windows guide for how to
set up a MinGW buildbot slave.  Please consider to include it in the
documentation on the LLVM website.

Basically, it saves the newcoming Windows user about two or three days of
experimentation to get it all working.  I think those days are important as
many people balk at spending days on figuring out how to get flying when
all they want is to take a look at LLVM and then perhaps later on become
more and more involved with the dev group.

If you don't like the document and/or won't use it, I won't be saddened.
 You can sanely argue that the document is redundant, and you can also
argue that it is very helpful. Both views are equally valid as far as I am
concerned.  I just happen to like documentation that spells out what needs
to be done because we're not all gurus from day one.

I am sending it to this list because I don't know where else to post it.
 llvm-commits seems a bit overkill for a document.

Cheers,
Mikael
-- Love Thy Frog!