[LLVMdev] sample of running google c++ lint script

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Jun 5 17:25:55 PDT 2012

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

The Google style guide is inapplicable to LLVM's. This has been stated
repeatedly, and you're not likely to enact change through these emails. If
you want to influence the LLVM style, become a sufficiently significant
contributor, and then argue the merits of specific points.

Considering the tool *separate* from the style is hard, in part because (as
I told you in the other thread) the tool is terribly architected and very
inflexible. There are folk interested in making a real and powerful coding
convention check on top of Clang. If you have time to invest in coding
conventions, I encourage you to invest it here and not in bad python
scripts that implement a set of rules which don't apply to this project.
Certainly, I don't see the relevance of the latter to this mailing list.

Finally, let's be clear:

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Reed Kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:

> Not wanting to clean up the white space is exactly a simple but good
> example of technical debt that we are incurring.

White space is not technical debt.