[LLVMdev] Big endian ARM?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Jun 5 01:20:26 PDT 2012

Hi Richard,

On 05/06/12 05:10, Richard Pennington wrote:

>>> Chris,
>>>
>>> Do we actually verify this anywhere?
>>
>> No.  This has been on my todo list for a long time - people regularly get
>> bitten by it.
>>

> As did I. It would be nice if, rather that just checking consistancy, the
> compiler could override the code generator's default.

in general overriding is too hard - all kinds of places on x86_64 know that
the size of a register is 64 bits for example: it's hard-wired.  However there
are probably a few details that can reasonably be overridden (eg alignment of
80-bit floating point numbers) in which case it would be nice to be able to do
so.

Ciao, Duncan.