[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling for cortex-m3: how do I get ride of -ccc-gcc-name ?

salvatore benedetto salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 08:05:00 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I'm using clang to cross compile for cortex-m3. I eventually managed to
do so with

clang++ -ccc-gcc-name arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -ccc-host-triple
thumbv7m-none-gnueabi source.cpp -c -mcpu=cortex-m3

I would like to understand what -ccc-gcc-name does exactly and how
can I get ride of it?

>From what I understand, it's needed by the driver in order to find the binutils
for calling the assembler and the linker. Is that correct?

After some grep'ing I ended up in gcc::Common::ConstructJob, where the option
value is retrieved, but I'm not sure how does it fit with the rest.

How else can I tell llvm where to look for binutils?

Hope someone can save me a few hours around the codebase
with some insights.

Regards,
Salvatore