[LLVMdev] Setting up a cross-compiler for cortex-m3

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Jul 18 07:15:34 PDT 2012

On 18 July 2012 14:57, salvatore benedetto
<salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com> wrote:
> $ clang -march=armv7-m -mfloat-abi=soft -ccc-host-triple
> armv7m-none-gnueabi testReference.cpp -c
> fatal error: error in backend: CPU: 'cortex-m3' does not support ARM
> mode execution!

Ah, yes! Try:

$ clang -ccc-host-triple thumbv7m-none-gnueabi testReference.cpp -c

Cross compilation in Clang is very broken at the moment. There was
some effort to fix this last year, but I guess it lost momentum...

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/