[LLVMdev] FYI: Planning to remove ProfileInfo and related passes from LLVM

Alastair Murray alastairmurray42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:40:24 PDT 2012

Hi Alok,

On 17/07/12 13:00, #ALOK PRAKASH# wrote:
> Profile.pl is understandably a very simple script, but it does make
> it easier to see some preliminary profile results and identity the
> hot portions of a program which are suitable for hardware
> acceleration. llvm-prof also helps in the same way.

Ok, great -- using llvm-prof for detecting hot portions is the obvious
use, but I just wanted to check.

I'll keep llvm-prof in mind when writing the new loader and update
llvm-prof to use it.  I also don't have an issue with profile.pl so I
can update it as required, it is tiny after all.  I'm not sure if others
want it sticking around though.

Regards,
Alastair.