[LLVMdev] Preventing pure function declarations from being removed

Marcus Frenkel marcus.frenkel at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Jul 16 08:29:42 PDT 2012

Hi all,

is there any way to mark a non-referenced function declaration as "used"
in any way (by using the C++ code generator) so that it will be ignored by
the stripDeadPrototypes and globalDCE pass (and any other pass that
possibly might remove seemingly unused functions)?

Basically, my modules have a set of function declarations (without an
actual body, just a global mapping on the C++ side) that shall not be
removed during code optimization, because I need to find them again after
optimization.

Greetings

Marcus