[LLVMdev] Linkage error in simple call graph pass?

Jared jared.carlson23 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 08:57:28 PDT 2012

Jared Carlson <jared.carlson23 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> opt -load ../Passes/HierchalFunctions/Hierchal/hierchal.dylib -hierchal
> < hello.bc > /dev/null
> Error opening '../Passes/HierchalFunctions/Hierchal/hierchal.dylib':
> dlopen(../Passes/HierchalFunctions/Hierchal/hierchal.dylib, 9):
> Symbol not found:
__ZTIN4llvm16CallGraphSCCPassE
>   Referenced from:
>   /Users/jcarlson/Software/LLDB/Passes/
>          HierchalFunctions/Hierchal/hierchal.dylib
>   Expected in: flat namespace
>  in /Users/jcarlson/Software/LLDB/Passes/
>         HierchalFunctions/Hierchal/hierchal.dylib
>   -load request ignored.
> opt: Unknown command line argument '-hierchal'.  Try: 'opt -help'
> opt: Did you mean '-verify'?

Alright... so I must have built without something...  the symbol isn't
there in the libs, so I'm assuming a flag of some sort wasn't set...
I did a grep in the libs for the exact and related symbols and I've
got the right libs...

$grep -l ZTIN4llvm16CallGraphSCCPassE *

... "nothing"...

$ grep -l llvm16CallGraphSCCPassE *