[LLVMdev] How to specify that Src Reg and Dest Reg can't be the same in td?

Ivan Llopard ivanllopard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:24:37 PDT 2012

Hi Wei-Ren,

I don't think you can model it with Constraints in td files. You may try
to put a regalloc hint in src and dst operands of the instructions you
are interested.
See getRawAllocationOrder(), ResolveRegAllocHint() and
UpdateRegAllocHint() hooks in TargetRegisterInfo. ARM has good examples
on how to implements them.

Ivan