[LLVMdev] Use of 'ldrd' instructions with unaligned addresses on armv7 (Major bug in LLVM optimizer?)

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:09:28 PST 2012

> Note that this code compiled with GCC 4.2 runs perfectly whereas LLVM will produce a binary that crashes: LLVM breaks existing source code.

On this point:
This is not uncommon - and the very nature of "Undefined Behaviour".
This reason alone is not enough to justify a change to Clang. We/you
would need to show that the behaviour is defined & Clang is violating
that definition.

Chris has posted about the general principle at length starting here:
http://blog.llvm.org/2011/05/what-every-c-programmer-should-know.html